- 8 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 fish fillets (approx. 1 3/4 lbs)
- 1/3 cup tomato paste or thick tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Emmentaler cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400° F (~200°C).
- Butter a large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange tomato slices and fish alternately in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix tomato paste, wine, parsley, and onion. Season to taste with salt.
- Pour over fish and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and cheese on top. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until tender.