Difficulty Level: Hard
Time Required: varies
- Step out of the church with a happy smile on your face like all newly-weds do until they see a huge log waiting for them.
- Come close to the log (it should be placed on a sawing horse) and inspect it.
- Choose a knotless sector (otherwise your log-sawing will replace your dinner, your party, and all things planned).
- Take a saw with your right hand (unless you are left-handed).
- Be sure to see your spouse on the other end of the saw (and across the log).
- Encourage each other with a smile and start moving the saw!
- Don’t mind your friends and relatives with their kind (but distracting) remarks and laughter — keep sawing.
- When the saw stucks (yes, it will), get it out of the log and start moving it anew.
- After you have finished, be careful: the logs (now two of them!) tend to land onto the sawyers’ feet…
- Sigh with relief (not too loud) and kiss your sawdusted spouse.
- Remember: haste is not the best companion at log-sawing!
- Pull the saw instead of pushing it.
- It’s much better to saw the log broadways than lengthways.