Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Required: 2 hours
- Wish others at your table Guten Appetit before you begin eating.
- Wish others Prost! (Cheers!) before you begin drinking.
- If you need to call a waiter, say “Herr Ober, bitte!”, or “Kellner bitte”, or catch his eyes while he is hurrying past and say “Koennen wir bitte bestellen?”
- Have both hands (but not the elbows!) on the table during the meal.
- Eat all the food you order, eat up.
- After the dinner is over, ask for your check.
- Say Zahlen, bitte and pay the waiter.
- Don’t forget to tip your waiter — five or ten percent of the total is OK.
- Learn some basic words of German to be able to ask for your bill and to thank the waiter.
- If you have dinner in group and want to pay separately, you should let the waiter know about it when ordering the meal to avoid the time loss afterwards.
- Don’t hurry while eating!