- 400 g lean beef
- 400 g pork
- 200 g bacon (with rind removed)
- 250 ml iced water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 dessert spoon marjoram
- Butter to grease the tin
- All meat must be well cooled before preparation begins. Cut meat into chunks and mince on a fine setting.
- Mix together both meats and add salt, pepper and the iced water until smooth. Mince the bacon on a medium setting and mix with the meat.
- Peel and grate the onion and add to the mixture together with the marjoram. Place in the fridge to cool. Put the mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Smooth the surface and, using the blade of a knife, make a diamond-shaped pattern across the top (about 5 mm deep). Bake in the center of a preheated oven (180°C) for about an hour (fan oven: approx. 160°C, gas mark 2 – 2.5).