Today in History
Travel to Germany
Facts About Germany
Thirty Years' War
German Chocolate Cake
How To in Germany
How to Taste Beer
Practical advice on how to get to the bottom of a beer stein without losing
a bit of the rich taste of German beer.
- Choose your favorite kind of beer, or the kind mostly advised by your
- Open the bottle.
- While pouring the beer into the glass, listen to the mild sound of
the flowing beer and the soft noise of escaping carbonic acid.
- Enjoy the vesicles rising up and over the glass and building into
a gorgeous foam crown.
- Inhale the full bouquet of the beer flavor.
- And now ..... take the first desired sip.
- Taste all beer ingredients: the grain, the hop, the water and the
- Feel your first impression gradually develop as the beer covers your
tongue from the tip to the root.
- Define the unique taste of your beer with the aftertaste remaining
on the tongue.
- You will be surprised to find a variety of different taste nuances
-- all in only one beer!
- Take only large AND clean glasses for beer-testing.
- Don't swallow immediately -- wash the beer around the tongue in order
to let each part of it feel the taste.
- Don't worry at the sight of turbid beer: turbidity is the brand name
of some beers like Wiess, Kraeusen, and others.