This cake can be baked all year round. If there are no gooseberries, you can use any other fruit like blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb, peaches, apples, raspberries. The cake just needs a fruity filling, otherwise it stays the same and incredibly delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 130 g of sugar (for the meringue)
- 125 g soft butter
- 100 g of sugar
- lemon zest
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 180 g of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 ml of milk
- 100 g almond flakes
- 500 g fruits (e.g. gooseberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 400 g of cream
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with sugar till stiff peaks are formed and cool if necessary. Stir the remaining sugar with the butter till very creamy. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 160 ° C. Grease two 26-cm springforms.
- Then gradually stir the egg yolk into the butter-sugar mixture. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and lemon zest, and stir the butter-sugar mixture very thoroughly. Fill each half of the dough into a springform pan and distribute evenly. It’s not very much dough, but it still works. Distribute half of the egg white on top of the batter, sprinkle with almonds and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the layers to cool in the baking pan for about 10 minutes, then gently take them out and allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, beat the cream until stiff. Clean the fruit and mix with the cream. Spread the cream on one layer and place the second layer on top.