A classic biergarten food, Obatzda, also spelled obatzter and obazda, combines a few simple ingredients to create a brightly colored cheese spread with surprisingly complex flavor. Typical accompaniments for Obatzda are Bavarian pretzels, rye bread, rounds of red radish or spiral-cut white radish. Perfect for the Oktoberfest party!
- 500 g ripe Camembert
- 40 g soft butter
- 200 g cream cheese
- 80 g finely chopped onions
- Salt, pepper
- Paprika, caraway
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives
- 60 g finely sliced onion rings
- 6-8 tbsp of beer to taste
- Mash the Camembert with a fork and add the butter, cream cheese and onions.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and caraway to taste. Add beer gradually and stir.
- Spoon a portion of Obatzda onto each plate and garnish with onion rings, chives and caraway.
- Serve preferably with rye bread, wholemeal bread and radishes.
Recipe source: https://goo.gl/MeDVwG.