1 bunch fresh asparagus, with thick stalks, ends trimmed, cut in 1 1/2 – 2 inch pieces
400-800 g new potatoes, cut in half or thirds (the larger ones)
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
sea salt and fresh black pepper
1-2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In an extra large mixing bowl toss the asparagus, potatoes, 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and plenty of salt and pepper together. Alternately you can use your hands to massage the oil and seasonings into the vegetables.
- Grease a roasting pan, casserole dish or sheet pan.
- Roast vegetables about 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with Parmesan cheese.