This creamy sausage, potato and sauerkraut soup is a little taste of Oktoberfest you can have any time of the year!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 400 g Bratwurst, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for about five minutes, until tender.
- Add flour, stirring until completely combined. Cook for one minute, then add the chicken broth and milk.
- Turn heat to medium high, then cook stirring often until broth begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to medium then add the sliced Bratwurst, diced potatoes, sauerkraut and parsley. Simmer for five minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve sprinkled with black pepper.