This braided sweet yeast bread with raisins can be your favorite breakfast. It’s super moist, it’s fluffy and it has a subtle sweet taste.
6 cups all-purpose flour
500 ml milk
150 g butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp dry active yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 egg (for brushing the bread before baking)
- Mix the ingredients (except for raisins and egg) together.
- Let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Add raisins and distribute evenly.
- Cut the dough in half, then each half in three pieces and roll out thin long ropes. Braid each half of the dough, and then let rise for another 20 mins.
- Beat the egg slightly with a fork and spread it on the top of both loaves.
- Bake for 40 mins at 175°C.