400 g all-purpose wheat flour
100 g spelt flour (Dinkelmehl)
20 g fresh pressed yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
350 g warm water
some coarse salt and cumin seeds for garnish
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar, yeast and 250 g warm water till smooth.
- Add the rest of water. Knead for 2 minutes.
- Put the dough in a pan, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 250°C.
- Knead the dough a little and form palm-size loaves.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper and put the loaves in rows. Sprinkle all of them with coarse salt and cumin seeds.
- Bake at 250°C for 5 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 200°C and bake for 20 more minutes till the Briegel are golden-brown.